We technically ate here first before we tried Jockamo’s. Why did I write Jockamo’s first? Well…
811 E Westfield Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46220
- I really don’t have anything to say about the décor so I’ll dive straight to the food.
- “Award-winning” Garlic Bread w/ cheese: This thing was cheap, but honestly, we got what we paid for. Roughly 8 inches of a toasted hoagie roll topped with melted cheese, some dried herbs, and garlic butter. For something award-winning, this was not what I expected; it was just average. It just didn’t seem all that special to me for something being touted as “award-winning”.
- After the award-winning disappointment, I had a bad feeling about the pizza. We got the Pizza Alla Quattro Formaggio. Okay, let me get this out of the way first: why do you have five cheeses on something you named ‘four cheese’? I am rather mind-blown at this…
- Moving on, said pizza is made with (quoted from their online menu) “Romano, cheddar, ricotta, mozzarella, provolone, bacon and mushroom”. The cheddar and bacon’s saltiness clashed with each other, effectively masking any hint of sauce taste. Each thin square slice had a mound of haphazardly and unevenly dropped ricotta. Some of the smaller slices had a huge mound while some of the bigger ones barely had any on them. While it was a nice touch, it would be prudent not to put that much on the pizza. Spreading the mound across the whole slice overpowers everything, killing all the other flavors because of its richness.
- The crust was crunchy… and that was about it. It didn’t have any life. ‘Twas a flop, if I may say so myself.
- Service was so-so. Everybody seemed nonchalant yet still cordial enough to assist.
- For something so hyped up and popular, I sure wasn’t impressed. Please, count me out of the bandwagon. This is why I wrote about Jockamo’s first.